LETHBRIDGE - A house fire in north Lethbridge caused about $30,000 dollars damage on
Fire crews were called out just before 1:00-pm to a home in the 500 block of 12 B
Fire Prevention Officer Mark Hoveling said it looked like cigarette butts were
placed into a plastic container and that caught the outside of the house on
fire. He says the fire traveled up the vinyl siding into the attic, but didn't
go inside the house.
Two people were inside at the time and neighbours knocked on the door to warn them of the fire. No injuries were reported.
The fire was deemed accidental but, Hoveling reminds people to get rid of smoking material properly and use a
metal container not a plastic one.
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12/12/2013 2:05:41 PM
Source: Tristan Tuckett - Country 95 News