Accused Takes the Stand in Historic Child Molestation Trial: B93.3 FM : Lethbridge's #1 Hit Music Station : Lethbridge News, Alberta
B93 FM Lethbridge

 
Home /Local News Feed /
Accused Takes the Stand in Historic Child Molestation Trial

 
 

LETHBRIDGE: The trial of a former Taber man accused of molesting his two steps sons between 1995 and 2001 has wrapped up.

 

The jury will be charged Friday morning, at which point his fate will rest in the hands of 12 men and women.

 

The trial started Monday, with the two victims saying they were 8 and 6 respectively when their step father started to sexually abuse them. The older of the two testified that it began shortly after the man married their mother, and when he ran away the abuse shifted to the younger brother.

 

Both men stated that he would have baths and wrestle naked with them, and it would only get worse from there. The mother acknowledged that she knew about the baths and wrestling, but said her husband convinced her nothing was going on and she should not go to the authorities because it would break up the family.

 

During the final day of the trial the accused took the stand. He admitted to having baths with the boys, but said it was because they had poor hygiene. He also admitted to oiling them up and wrestling, but said they wore clothes and claimed that he did it with the oldest because he wanted to wrestle like a traditional Greek. As for the younger child, he said the oil was to treat a rash.

 

The man also told the court that the mother could not control her children so he needed to step in. He added that it was the boys who made sexual advances towards him, but that he said no.

 

He also stated that he caught the older brother of the two boys sexually abusing the youngest child. He called police and the boy was removed from the home permanently. That same boy had been upset at the age of 12 when the man forced him to take a bath and washed him, something the accused also admitted had happened. Once out of the home the boy would accuse him of sexual assault, but later dropped the allegations.

 

The name of the accused is not being used to protect the identity of the victims.



Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
Source: Patrick Burles (@PatrickBurles on Twitter)-- Country 95 News
 
 
Latest News Articles

 
Holy Spirit Catholic School Division Welcomes New Ward
Thursday, September 19, 2013 : 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
 
Mobile Mammography Service Stopping Taber
Thursday, September 19, 2013 : 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
 
Canadian Paraplegic Association Searching For Chair-Leaders
Thursday, September 19, 2013 : 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
 
2015 Alberta 55 Plus Winter Games Committee Continue Preparations For Event
Thursday, September 19, 2013 : 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
 
The Easter Bunny Stops By Westminster Community Centre
Thursday, September 19, 2013 : 4/20/2014 5:27:45 PM
Home /Country 95.5 FM News


 
 

 




 
B93.3 FM
Home Promotions
Station Blogs
On Air Events
News  
Other Links
Contact Us Alberta Equity Scholarship Program
Legal Notice Advertise with B93.3 FM
Privacy Policy  
Connect with B93.3 FM