Final Arguements Heard in Case of Alleged Landlord Negligence: B93.3 FM : Lethbridge's #1 Hit Music Station : Lethbridge News, Alberta
B93 FM Lethbridge

Home /Local News Feed /
Final Arguements Heard in Case of Alleged Landlord Negligence


LETHBRIDGE: The trial against Wilf Tymensen has been wrapped up, however a decision won't come until April 28th.

Tymensen is facing 18-charges based around the fact that he was allegedly renting room in his condemned trailer to another individual, after signing an order saying he would not let anyone (including himself) sleep there until all the code violations had been corrected.

The morning of December 30th, 2009 Norm Flammand, the tenant, was found dead. The issue of Flammand's death however is not being dealt with at trial, as it can not be proven that it was the living conditions that killed him.

The trailer didn't have running water, electricity or heat, and was littered with garbage and dog feces.

To provide heat Tymensen admitted to using two propane barbecues. He also noted that they had an extension cord running from the neighbours to power a tv and coffee maker.

It was also stated that perishable food items like milk and eggs were left out on the counter, because without electricity the fridge didn't work.

In his defence Tymensen argued during a tear filled closing statement that his friend wanted to stay with him, and simply didn't have anywhere else to go as he had no friends or family. He also commented that Flammand had been attacked when last staying at the homeless shelter.

It was also brought up that to stay there Flammand was paying Tymensen $650 a month in rent.

The Crown responded to the arguement, based on testimony from Tymensen's ex-wife. She had stated Wednesday morning that while they couldn't stay at her home in Stirling on a permanent basis, they could spend the night when they needed to.

Adding to the already convoluted trial, Wednesday morning Tymensen accused Crown prosecutor Rob O'Neil of changing evidence in the case and breaking into his vehicle. Tuesday he had said photos put into evidence that day were different from ones that had been sent to him last week that he couldn't find. He then stated that Wednesday morning he found the new photos in his van. He concluded that O'Neil had entered his van, removed the photos, replaced them with the new ones, then entered the van again and planted the file.

Judge Paul Pharo will return with his decision in the case and a possible sentence April 28th.

Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Source: Patrick Burles-- Country 95 News
Latest News Articles

Local Home Builder Joins Forces with Mike Holmes
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 : 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Prescribed Burn Set for Waterton Lakes National Park on Thursday
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 : 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Identity Theft Case Ends in Guilty Plea
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 : 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Chamber Forum Hopes To Curb Voter Apathy For By-Election
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 : 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Former Taber Man Gets Nine Years for Sexually Assaulting Step Sons
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 : 4/24/2014 4:32:36 PM
Home /Country 95.5 FM News



B93.3 FM
Home Promotions
Station Blogs
On Air Events
Other Links
Contact Us Alberta Equity Scholarship Program
Legal Notice Advertise with B93.3 FM
Privacy Policy  
Connect with B93.3 FM