Lethbridge Man Enters Guilty Plea on Manslaughter Charge
LETHBRIDGE: 51-year old Terry Christopher Bissonnette pleaded guilty to manslaughter in Lethbridge court Thursday morning, in relation to the death of 47-year old Christopher Ballendine on October 14th.
Bissonette claims he and another man went to Ballendine's home to scare him, saying that they had been told he had beaten one of their friends.
He also claimed that on the way to Ballendine's home the other man up a wooden 2 by 4. Once they got to the home Bissonnette says they went in through an unlocked door and the co-accused started hitting Ballendine in the head, even though he asked him to stop. He added that he did not strike Ballendine.
He says the two then left the home and admits they did not try to get help for Ballendine.
A pre-sentence report has been ordered for Bissonette, who will be sentenced on January 12th.
53-year old Kerry Alan Zeller is co-accused in the incident and is still assumed innocent until proven guilty. He'll make his next court appearance December 13th.
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 3/11/2014 1:50:34 PM
Source: Patrick Burles-- Country 95 News