No Plea And No Bail In Zeller 2nd Degree Murder Case
LETHBRIDGE: A man charged in the city's second homicide this year has been denied bail. In Lethbridge court on Tuesday, 53-year old Kerry Alan Zeller reserved his plea and was remanded until his next court appearace on January 11th.
Zeller was charged in relation to an incident on October 14th. Police were called to a north side home, where they found 47-year old Christopher Ballendine suffering from "blunt force trauma". Ballendine died later than night in hospital as a result of his injuries.
On November 24th, 51-year old Terry Christopher Bissonnette, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the same incident. He will be sentenced January 12th.
Bissonette claimed he and another man went to Ballendine's home to scare him, because they had been told he had beaten one of their friends.
He also claimed that on the way to Ballendine's home the other man picked up a wooden 2 by 4. Once they got to the home Bissonnette says they went in through an unlocked door and the co-accused started hitting Ballendine in the head, even though he asked him to stop. He added that he did not strike Ballendine.
He says the two then left the home and admits they did not try to get help for Ballendine.
A pre-sentence report has been ordered for Bissonette, before his January 12th sentencing.
Zeller, the co-accused in the case, is still assumed innocent until proven guilty.
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 4/16/2014 6:16:56 PM
Source: Dori Modney -- Country 95 News