Northside House Fire Likely Caused By Cigarettes: B93.3 FM : Lethbridge's #1 Hit Music Station : Lethbridge News, Alberta
B93 FM Lethbridge

 
Home /Local News Feed /
Northside House Fire Likely Caused By Cigarettes

 
 

LETHBRIDGE - A house fire in north Lethbridge caused about $30,000 dollars damage on Thursday afternoon.

 

Fire crews were called out just before 1:00-pm to a home in the 500 block of 12 B Street North.

 

Fire Prevention Officer Mark Hoveling said it looked like cigarette butts were placed into a plastic container and that caught the outside of the house on fire. He says the fire traveled up the vinyl siding into the attic, but didn't go inside the house.

 

Two people were inside at the time and neighbours knocked on the door to warn them of the fire. No injuries were reported.

 

The fire was deemed accidental but, Hoveling reminds people to get rid of smoking material properly and use a metal container not a plastic one.



Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
Source: Tristan Tuckett - Country 95 News
 
 
Latest News Articles

 
Local Producers Bring Home Canadian Cheese Awards
Thursday, April 11, 2013 : 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
 
Heart Patients Have Access To Life Saving Device
Thursday, April 11, 2013 : 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
 
Another Strong Spring for Soil Moisture Levels in Southern Alberta
Thursday, April 11, 2013 : 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
 
Lethbridge College Offers New Communication Program
Thursday, April 11, 2013 : 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
 
Unique Software Program Wins Master's Students Innovation Category at Microsoft's Imagine Cup Canada
Thursday, April 11, 2013 : 4/17/2014 2:05:41 PM
Home /Country 95.5 FM News


 
 

 




 
B93.3 FM
Home Promotions
Station Blogs
On Air Events
News  
Other Links
Contact Us Alberta Equity Scholarship Program
Legal Notice Advertise with B93.3 FM
Privacy Policy  
Connect with B93.3 FM