It was a short turn-around for the investigation into a Commercial fire Tuesday
Around 6:00-pm, Fire crews were called to the Gas King, in the 900-block of
5th Avenue north. Some one noticed fire and smoke in the building, which was
Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the maintenance room where it
originated. It's been determined a mop, broom and shovel were left too close to
a hot water tank, causing this fire to occur.
Damage is estimated at $15,000 but, there were no injuries.
Residents of Lethbridge are reminded to keep all combustibles at least one
meter away from all heating appliances.